Preperation for ceremony
Preparation for an Ayahuasca Ceremony
Please abide the dietary guidelines and be clear of medications listed below. It is important that you inform us of any medication you are taking and any health concerns you might have.
HEALTH AND MEDICAL RULES:
Full disclosure of medications and health conditions is an absolute must before joining the Ceremony.
The rule of thumb is that you should be off any and all medications for 15 days prior to your first meditation. You must be off of antidepressants for at least 45 days. If you have any specific questions regarding meds please email us asap.
Please consult your physician before stop taking your medication.
We MUST be informed if you are or have been taking any of the following:
• Antidepressants or other medications that contain MAO inhibitors and serotonin uptake inhibitors (not to be taken for 45 days days prior to gathering) – this is critical and can be very dangerous if mixed.
• Tranquilizers (not to be taken for 15 days prior to gathering)
• Antibiotics (not to be taken for 7 days prior to gathering)
• Antihistamines (not to be taken for 5 days prior to gathering)
• Painkillers including Advil and aspirin (not to be taken for 5 days prior to gathering)
• Flu medications (not to be taken for 5 days prior to gathering)
Street Drugs (no street drugs for 14 days before or after) and any other medications that are not listed let us know about asap.
We MUST be informed if any of the following apply to you:
• If you have any severe heart problems
• If you have high or low blood pressure
• If you are or have been taking anti-depressants within the last year and/or if you have ever been diagnosed or hospitalized for psychiatric problems
• If you have any liver issues
• If you have or have had epilepsy or seizures
• If you have or have had ulcers, IBS or other stomach aliments
• If you are or think you are pregnant
Things to avoid minimum 3 days before & after the Ceremony:
Deep Fried food
Marijuana and other plants
Intoxicants and stimulants in general
Coffee and Caffeine or Stimulants
Excess sugar and salt
Sex including masturbation
NO PORK for 2 Weeks before and after
Please avoid strong smelling perfumes and cologne in the Ceremony.
What to bring:
Toiletries (toothbrush etc.)
Swimming costume (We have a pool & sauna)
Musical instruments (if you play an instrument)
White or light clothes for Ceremony
Personal items (gemstones, pictures etc.)
We provide clean bedlinnen, fluffy towels, food and beverages.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
With Love & Light
The Mothers House Team